Over the years, we’ve had the honor of hosting hundreds of creative professionals seeking to improve themselves and their teams by learning, sharing and making meaningful connections at our events. Throughout this time, we’ve consistently done our best to help improve and support diversity.
The objective of the Harbormark’s Diversity and Inclusion efforts is to facilitate attendance and participation by candidates from under-represented groups in the technology and technology-related industries. Diversity ticket opportunities are available primarily for (but not limited to) persons within a daily commute of the conference locations.
The Lack of Diversity, and Under-Represented Groups in Tech
At most technology and technology-related events, women and minorities are ‘in short supply’ 1. Harbormark chooses to proactively tackle this state of affairs. Under-represented groups include:
- People of color,
- Disabled people.
Revolve Conference attendees typically comprise more than 57% women.
How You Can Help
- See if you’re eligible and apply for a diversity ticket/scholarship to a conference that’s relevant to your career.
- Sponsor our conference diversity scholarships and encourage candidates to apply.
- Forward our Call For Proposals to relevant affinity groups with the message that we are looking for a diverse roster of speakers.
- During the Call For Proposals phase of a conference, suggest to potential speakers that they submit proposals.
- Recommend appropriate speakers and/or program committee members to us.
What Does an Awarded Diversity Ticket Include?
- admission to the upcoming conference,
- lunch and refreshments on all conference days,
- and admission to the related events organized for the attendees.
The Sanctity of Applicant Information
Applicant details and submission information will be shared exclusively with Conference organizers, and members of the panel vetting applications. Diversity Ticket Sponsors will not have access to applicant information.
How Are Winners Determined?
A limited number of tickets will be made available. Each application will be thoroughly vetted to ensure it satisfies all program requirements before being added to a pool. Diversity tickets will then be awarded via a lottery system. One submission per applicant is sufficient to maintain eligibility for each award.
How to Apply?
Diversity ticket opportunities are currently available through groups actively supporting diversity and inclusion. We’ve worked with various organizations over the past few years to provide access to relevant groups. These organizations include:
If your group or organization is not listed and you would like to participate in this program, please contact us.
Supporting this Program
We are currently accepting Sponsors for our Diversity Ticket Fund. This fund will be the main support of Diversity Ticket Program. Your consideration, and contribution to helping the creative community grow and evolve will be recognized. Diversity Sponsors’ company logos will be added to our Sponsors & Partners Page, and sponsors will receive special recognition before, during, and after the relevant conference.
Code of Conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors and staff are required to agree to the Code of Conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
- USA Today – Tech: Where the women and minorities aren’t